I think this set of Firefly Totes using Around the Bend might be my favorite non-quilt project of the group! Picking out different canvas and Essex pairings is always a highlight when I make Firefly Totes.
These both use Big Sur canvas paired with a couple of prints from my new Around the Bend fabric collection with Robert Kaufman Fabrics. I could spend an entire day just sifting through different combos to sew up!
It is a fun pattern for showing off the fun details, too! I paired each tote with a coordinating drawstring and zipper. And of course my favorite leather straps in Rustic. I’m planning on gifting a project size one to my friend, she has a lunch bag that I had made her from years!!! ago and I think it’s definitely time for an update. 12 years is a long lifespan for a lunch bag!
Anyway, hope you are enjoying seeing the projects I made so far! It’s an intense amount of work and usually comes with long lead times. It can be really hard to keep things under wraps. I love sharing so much, and the photography part of it is really fun for me. Thanks for sticking around. I appreciate everyone who stops by!
- Pattern: Firefly Tote (in both “Tote” [large] and “Project” [small] sizes)
- Fabrics used:
- Tote size features Big Sur Canvas in Black
- Project size features Big Sur Canvas in Canyon Brown
- Coreopsis and Sawtooth Sunflower print from Around the Bend
- Leather straps available here (18″ is a great length for the Project size, and you’ll need the 28″ for the tote size)
- Zippers, drawstring cord are available in my shop
- Free sew-along is available here. Be sure to stop by and check it out. 🙂