Okay! This olive twill Haralson just had to be shared. I drug my feet big time in getting final photos of the last few Haralson bags I’ve made. Spring always brings busy schedules and then of course I had to go and catch a cold. Anyway, I’m glad to be able to share here.
It’s just been so much fun seeing what everyone else is making. I love seeing your individual spin on the pattern! There’s be so many fun ones sewn up, I couldn’t pick a favorite if I tried.
Be sure to check out the full video sew-along on my blog/youtube.
Sew with cotton twill!
Cotton twill makes for a great substrate for the Haralson exterior fabric.
- a great weight for this project!
- typically comes in a lot of beautiful colors
- very beginner friendly to sew with
- relatively easy to find, inexpensive
- fusible interfacing adheres well!
- most of the time twill comes in a wider width off the bolt – so more fabric per yard!
- twill comes in prints, too, not just solids – great to have options! See you at Six fabrics has some really fun prints! I’ve ordered some from Style Maker Fabrics and Bolt Fabrics
This sample is one that I made while filming the Haralson sew-along. I think it might end up going to my Mom. She loves green! We’ll see if it passes the test. 😉
The Loxx fastener is pretty cool. If you have time to watch the video, you can see how easy it is to install.
I’m very excited that the Haralson has so many great options for hardware closures. It makes it fun and adds a different look depending on which type you use! Plus it really comes in handy when you might already have one of the hardware types in your sewing stash!
I’m having fun adding more colors of webbing to my shop, too, so check in if you haven’t in a while. I have about 10 colors per size and plan to keep adding more. It’s a fun and quick option for straps!
- Pattern: Haralson Bag (single fabric exterior option where the flap and main body are the same fabric)
Exterior fabric: cotton twill (I’m pretty sure this is Robert Kaufman Ventana Twill in Evergreen), ask your local quilt shop for Ventana twill (there’s 65 colors to choose from!)
Lining: again, digging in my stash and I found this woven stripe, I think it might be a Jen Kingwell woven (Moda Fabrics) that I picked up at my local quilt shop
- Hardware & Supplies:
Cotton webbing (in Acorn)
Exterior back zipper tape/pull is from My Handmade Space, interior zipper is from my shop
Leather zipper pulls