I can’t believe I let this navy Mini Making Backpack sit in my closet without finishing it for so long!
The other day I was cleaning up my sample closet (for a new pattern coming up next week!) and I came across this almost-finished mini Making Backpack. It’s always fun to find a project that you forgot about!
I knew right away who I was going to give it to. I love it when it just clicks! My neighbor (who just got engaged) was the perfect recipient. So I scurried along and finished up making the binding and attaching it. And I added the zipper pulls for the finishing touch (these are the Pecan color).
This one is made using dry oilskin in a gorgeous Navy color. The interior is some of the last denim gingham fabric that I have left (I don’t think it’s made anymore). I had used some of Zipper Zoo’s webbing and I believe the zip by the yard is from My Handmade Space with the interior zip from my shop.
I really like how it turned out and I hope it goes on lots of adventures!
- Pattern: Mini Making Backpack (also comes in a Regular size) with the slip pocket on the front option (there’s also a pleated zippered front pocket option), haha gotta have lots of options!
- main compartment zip is from My Handmade Space
- webbing is from Zipper Zoo (I think it’s their Latte color)
- interior zip is from my shop
- Strap hardware kit, leather patch (Pebble Latte color), optional front pocket snap (out of stock, but it’ll be back soon!), and leather zipper pulls are all available in my shop