You know I love sewing for babies, right? I know it’s been a bit since I’ve made anything — but there’s a new baby in town! That always spurs me to make something. It’s really how I got back into sewing. I was pregnant with my daughter (who just turned 16!) and got the itch to make a few things – a crib set and such. It wasn’t long after that that I started my blog and business. So anytime I have the opportunity to sew for babies I get to work!! This green denim Divided Basket and Diaper Pouch gift was my most recent baby gift I made!
I loved picking out fabrics for this one! The Divided Basket was chosen after seeing some of the nursery pictures, so hopefully it’ll feel right at home with some diapers and lotions tucked in. I upped the personalization factor with adding an initial stamped leather tab like in the last one I made. I did skip the front pocket – so that’s always an option for an extra speedy sew!
And you have to know this diaper pouch is also a must-give gift. I can’t tell you how many I’ve made over the years, but it’s such a quick sew and a fun opportunity to use beautiful fabrics. It’s perfect to slip into any bag for when you need to get out of the house quick. Also makes it really easy to pass off to a diaper changing helper at any time!
I’m so happy for my friend and her beautiful baby! It’s always such happy news!
- Pattern: Divided Basket (available in my shop) and Diaper Pouch tutorial by my friend Amy (Diary of a Quilter)
- Fabrics: pewter green denim purchased from Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics (the color I used appears to be sold out, but here are several other color options), lining is by Alexia Marcelle-Abegg (Ruby Star Society from her Sienna collection), pouch exterior fabric is by Bonnie Christine (from her Open Road collection for Art Gallery Fabrics) and Big Sur Unbleached canvas as the lining
- cute label is Kylie & the Machine purchased from Fancy Tiger Crafts
- leather is scraps from my shop, I will be adding more scrap packs this week!
And just for fun I thought you might want to check out some of the Divided Baskets and diaper pouches I’ve made in the past:
- Coneflower Divided Basket
- Driftless Divided Basket
- Gingham & Leather Divided Basket
- Butterfly Divided Basket
- Springy Divided Basket
- Rain Walk Divided Basket
One thought on “Green Denim Divided Basket & Diaper Pouch”
This is a test comment